Our Osaka Blog nominated me for the Liebster Awards (it's an award given by a blogger to another blogger who has less than 200 followers), and the best part is that I get to answer to 11 questions from her. I always loved these kind of things, it's like answering the questions in a "Friend book" aka "Ystäväkirja" as a pre-teen. (Did you have those too, or is it a Finnish thing?) Anyway, thank you, I'm honored! :)
Before answering to the questions I'll explain the rules:
- Thank and link the person who nominated you
- Answer the nominator's 11 questions
- Nominate 11 (or fewer) small blogs who have less than 200 followers. You should believe that they deserve this award and include their link in your post
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer. Notify these nominees via social media/blog
And here we go....
1. What is your favorite quote?
I have no idea who was the very first person to say this, but it describes my life well:
"Home is where your heart is."
2. If you knew you were going to die tomorrow what would you do today?
Horrifying idea to a little human being who is afraid of death. Oh well, let's try to think it through anyway... I would grab my husband, and our dog, buy the first flight to Finland, invite my family and friends and have a party by the seaside.
3. If you could go back in time, how old would you want to be again and why?
I am very happy right now, and would not want to go back in time. Even though there are some things that I did not manage in the best possible way and I might now do differently, I would not be me and right here if those things did not happen.
4. What is a place you would NOT want to visit?
Hmm, hard one. I think I would not want to visit future, it's nicer not to know what's gonna happen.
5. Do you have a stereotype of a Finnish person?
Quiet, honest, loyal, does not talk if there's nothing real to say. Cannot handle alcohol (but thinks he/she handles it very well). Does not interrupt. Has to be really good in something to be able to do it publicly, i.e speaking another language. Dresses comfortably. Drinks Juhla Mokka and eats oat porridge and rye bread. Loves salmiakki. Goes to mökki every summer and Canary Islands every winter. Does not leave comfort zone. Likes ice hockey. And is very proud of sauna.
6.What's the first image/memory that comes to mind when you think about your childhood?
I was just going through some pictures the other day and saw one of me and my brother dressed in our pyjamas filled with pillows, and shaking hands. Apparently we were pretending to be sumo wrestlers. :D
I tried to think about a memory that wasn't photographed. I remember eating some kind of potato puree soup "perunavelli" in daycare, and it was soooo delicious. Never had it after that.
In general, thinking about my childhood the first thing to pop in mind is my brother, I guess we were quite close. :)
7. A mod con that you would not be able to live without?
8. Sport that you do not think is a sport.
I do not consider motor sports as sports, the car's doing all the work!
9. Rice, pasta or potato?
Impossible question for foodie. Rice in sushi, pasta in lasagna and Finnish new potatoes, please!
10. Do you believe in aliens?
I believe in a lot of weird things, but I do not believe in aliens.
11. If you weren't born as a human, what animal would you have like to born as? And why?
I would be a pet cat (preferably orange, chubby one), because their life seems so simple: eat, sleep, repeat plus occasional adventures in the neighborhood. Or actually, maybe I would be a bird, I could fly anywhere I want whenever I want.
I'll nominate the following blogs:
The most sweetest dream
Notes from a place called life
Finn for life
My questions to these bloggers are:
1. What is your favorite food memory?
2. Where would you live if you could choose any place in the world?
3. Which trait in yourself you consider especially "Finnish"?
4. What is your favorite book?
5. If you could, what would you change in yourself?
6. Winter, spring, summer or autumn? Why?
7. Which three items would you keep, if you'd have to give up everything you own?
8. If you would be a TV character, who would you be?
9. If you would have to change your name, what would it be?
10. Name one thing you think is missing from Finland?
11. Sea, savanna or forest?
Have fun! :)