Monday, February 11, 2013

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

I survived the first day at the office! Actually it was more like a school day. I got more information about the company, and I'm even more excited to start and "get my hands dirty". We (me and another girl who started) were introduced to whole lotta people, mostly called Asia, Magda or Tomek (I'm just kidding, there was someone called Kuba also). We had a warm welcome. My team, which is now something like 10 people, seems very nice and I already knew, based on my interviews, that I like my boss. Let's hope the first impression is correct. Unlike I thought, my team members come all from Poland. They speak different languages and are responsible for different countries. So I guess at least for now, before the team grows, I will be the odd one out.

Maybe now you're already curious what is this job I got. Basically it is customer service via e-mail and phone. I will be responsible (surprise, surprise) for the Finnish clients. The company is a world-wide medical equipment manufacturer and this Wroclaw office is their new Shared Service Center.

Few posts back I was stressing about what to wear, and today I saw that people in the office are not too formally dressed, so I don't need to make so big deal about it. :) Anyway, here is a picture of first day's outfit. (Picture was taken yesterday evening, so hopefully my hair and face looked a bit more fresh today...)


No comments:

Post a Comment