Friday, December 21, 2012

Rauhan mä saan kun palaan kotiin, siellä mä nään sen rakkauden. Sieltä siivet tuotiin mun elämään, niillä mä lennän halki taivaan enkelten.*

I decided to spend this Christmas here in Wroclaw with my boyfriend, since he has to work. Of course I still wanted to see my family and friends, so on 7th of December I flew to Finland after being away for four months. It's amazing how time goes so fast, it did not really feel like I haven't seen my loved ones in Finland for so long. Luckily we are living in a world where we can easily keep in touch even we would not be in the same country. It's amazing how with good friends it always seems like we just met yesterday. :) And I want to believe it's not only because of Facebook.

Breakfast in La Torrefazione & Christmas feast.
I got to meet almost all of my best friends, got to spend time with my family, and of course fill myself with Finnish Christmas food. I also tried if I am still able to work, so I took couple of shifts in a restaurant (read: I need money). Finnish people's ability to absorbe alcohol when "the firm is paying" is unbelievable. See, this time of the year every respectable company throws a pre-Christmas party "pikkujoulut" to its' employees. (Now days the amount of these firms have significally reduced because of the savings. Might be good thing for Finnish people's livers...)

All in all, I proved that I am still capable to work as a waitress, but I also noticed that I would really not like to. So here I am again, with no clue what I would like to do when I grow up. Well "third time's a charm" as they say... :P

Helsinki
I had wonderful 10 days at home, it gives me so much energy and makes me so happy to see all my important people. Wherever I am, I will always remember where I'm coming from. But I'm glad to be back here with my love, and I have no regrets towards the choices I have made. I hope all your wishes will come true this Christmas like mine has.

Merry Christmas! Hyvää joulua! Wesołych Świąt!



*Antti Tuisku - Palaan kotiin

No comments:

Post a Comment